If you have a heart for ministry and are passionate about advancing God's kingdom, we invite you to review and apply for the available positions. If you are interested in applying for a position, please click the link for a copy of our employment application. Return your completed application, resume and testimony to .
Church and Role Overview
First Baptist Wylie (FBW) has been impacting Wylie, the surrounding community, and places around the world for almost 150 years. FBW currently has eight full-time pastors and ministers who serve a weekly average of 1,600 in discipleship groups and over 2,000 in worship services. Preschool ministry averages over 350 in attendance each weekend. In addition, we host mid-week ministries, parent’s day out, ministry events and community outreach on an annual budget of $5 million. Worship services and age group ministries are offered on Saturday at 6PM and Sunday at 8AM, 9:30AM and 11:00AM.
FBW is seeking a preschool minister to join us on our mission to spread God’s fame by making disciples of all people by leading our rapidly expanding preschool ministry in our newly renovated facility in a growing and diverse community. Wylie is a city of 52,000 in one of the fastest growing areas in America. It has been named in Forbes, “Best Small American Cities for Families”. The Wylie Independent School District enrolls over 16,000 children. Therefore, the preschool ministry of FBW is vitally important to reaching these young families and ensuring the next generation meets Jesus.
The Preschool Minister is responsible for developing strategies and programming that effectively facilitate the spiritual growth of children, birth through kindergarten, in FBW’s high-performance culture under the direction of the Next Generation Pastor. Strong leadership as well as a passion for reaching children and families for Christ are obviously essential for this role. In addition, we believe at least 3 years of experience in a leadership role in a vibrant preschool ministry, a strong recruitment and retention track record as well as commitment to a high degree of innovation and creativity are critical.
Monday & Tuesday 8AM to 5PM
Wednesday 8AM to 8PM
Thursday 8AM to 12PM
Saturday 4:30PM to 8:30PM
Sunday 7:30AM to 12:30PM
As needed for ministry events and community outreach.
Responsibilities and Expectations
• Provide vision, strategy and development of a dynamic, Biblical and Christ-centered educational ministry for preschoolers.
• Implement curriculum and programming for weekly Bible studies and mid-week ministry.
• Provide leadership and direction for ministry events and community outreach, such as Vacation Bible School, Preschool Camp and Mommy & Me Playdates.
• Oversee and direct the Preschool Ministry Associate who supports in scheduling, equipping of volunteer leaders and preparing curriculum, supplies and resources.
• Give oversight and support to the Parents Day Out Director who leads our two-day a week program for 6-month old through preschool children.
• Give oversight to the Preschool Care Coordinator who schedules and directs preschool workers who support ministry events.
• Recruit, train, equip, disciple and show appreciate for preschool ministry volunteer leaders.
• Provide pastoral care, encouragement and counseling to children, parents and families, including decisions to trust Christ, baptism, family matters and bereavement as needed.
• Oversee check-in procedures and ensure the accuracy of weekly attendance and decisions.
• Administer the preschool ministry budget with accountability for the accurate and complete record keeping of all preschool ministry expenses.
• Develop and maintain a safe, clean and appealing learning environment for children.
• Hire, supervise, develop and disciple preschool ministry staff; conducting performance evaluations based on goals and objectives.
• Steward church resources with care, such as furniture, fixtures, equipment, supplies and other resources used by preschool ministry.
• Foster a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with staff, volunteers and church families.
• Weekly attendance to a worship service, staff meetings, next generation team meetings and other meetings as needed.
• Partner with FBW pastors and ministers to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness to execute the overall vision and mission of the church.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Experience and Critical Skills
• College undergraduate degree required.
• Seminary degree preferred.
• Licensing and/or ordination by a Baptist church preferred.
• Previous experience in a preschool ministry leadership role a Baptist church or a comparable denomination, 3+ years.
• Committed to biblical Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
• Personal and growing commitment that is in alignment with FBW’s purpose statement.
• Established pattern of Bible study and prayer.
• A personal conviction and calling to preschool ministry.
• Ability to understand and relate to children and families.
• Passionate about seeing families grow together in their faith.
• Experience with recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteers.
• An understanding that every child should be known, loved and cared for like Jesus.
• Ability to use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
• Exceptional communication skills with the ability to speak confidently before large groups.
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
• Highly organized, giving attention to details.
• Ability to troubleshoot, multitask and dream big.
• Competency in computer/web-based technology with the capacity to learn new applications quickly.
• FBW church membership is expected.
• Ability to speak, read and write English.
• Sufficient good health to discharge duties properly.
• Ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time required.
• Passing criminal, financial and sexual misconduct background checks required.