If you have a heart for ministry and are passionate about advancing God's kingdom, we invite you to review and apply for the available positions. If you are interested in applying for a position, please click the link for a copy of our employment application. Return your completed application, resume and testimony to , or apply online at church staffing.com.
Church and Role Overview
First Baptist Wylie (FBW) has been impacting Wylie, the surrounding community, and places around the world for almost 150 years. FBW currently has eight full-time pastors and ministers who serve a weekly average of 1,600 in discipleship groups and over 2,000 in worship services. Preschool ministry averages over 350 in attendance each weekend. In addition, we host mid-week ministries, parent’s day out, ministry events and community outreach on an annual budget of $5 million. Worship services and age group ministries are offered on Saturday at 6PM and Sunday at 8AM, 9:30AM and 11:00AM.
FBW is seeking a preschool minister to join us on our mission to spread God’s fame by making disciples of all people by leading our rapidly expanding preschool ministry in our newly renovated facility in a growing and diverse community. Wylie is a city of 52,000 in one of the fastest growing areas in America. It has been named in Forbes, “Best Small American Cities for Families”. The Wylie Independent School District enrolls over 16,000 children. Therefore, the preschool ministry of FBW is vitally important to reaching these young families and ensuring the next generation meets Jesus.
The Preschool Minister is responsible for developing strategies and programming that effectively facilitate the spiritual growth of children, birth through kindergarten, in FBW’s high-performance culture under the direction of the Next Generation Pastor. Strong leadership as well as a passion for reaching children and families for Christ are obviously essential for this role. In addition, we believe at least 3 years of experience in a leadership role in a vibrant preschool ministry, a strong recruitment and retention track record as well as commitment to a high degree of innovation and creativity are critical.
Monday & Tuesday 8AM to 5PM
Wednesday 8AM to 8PM
Thursday 8AM to 12PM
Saturday 4:30PM to 8:30PM
Sunday 7:30AM to 12:30PM
As needed for ministry events and community outreach.
Responsibilities and Expectations
• Provide vision, strategy and development of a dynamic, Biblical and Christ-centered educational ministry for preschoolers.
• Implement curriculum and programming for weekly Bible studies and mid-week ministry.
• Provide leadership and direction for ministry events and community outreach, such as Vacation Bible School, Preschool Camp and Mommy & Me Playdates.
• Oversee and direct the Preschool Ministry Associate who supports in scheduling, equipping of volunteer leaders and preparing curriculum, supplies and resources.
• Give oversight and support to the Parents Day Out Director who leads our two-day a week program for 6-month old through preschool children.
• Give oversight to the Preschool Care Coordinator who schedules and directs preschool workers who support ministry events.
• Recruit, train, equip, disciple and show appreciate for preschool ministry volunteer leaders.
• Provide pastoral care, encouragement and counseling to children, parents and families, including decisions to trust Christ, baptism, family matters and bereavement as needed.
• Oversee check-in procedures and ensure the accuracy of weekly attendance and decisions.
• Administer the preschool ministry budget with accountability for the accurate and complete record keeping of all preschool ministry expenses.
• Develop and maintain a safe, clean and appealing learning environment for children.
• Hire, supervise, develop and disciple preschool ministry staff; conducting performance evaluations based on goals and objectives.
• Steward church resources with care, such as furniture, fixtures, equipment, supplies and other resources used by preschool ministry.
• Foster a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with staff, volunteers and church families.
• Weekly attendance to a worship service, staff meetings, next generation team meetings and other meetings as needed.
• Partner with FBW pastors and ministers to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness to execute the overall vision and mission of the church.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Experience and Critical Skills
• College undergraduate degree required.
• Seminary degree preferred.
• Licensing and/or ordination by a Baptist church preferred.
• Previous experience in a preschool ministry leadership role a Baptist church or a comparable denomination, 3+ years.
• Committed to biblical Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
• Personal and growing commitment that is in alignment with FBW’s purpose statement.
• Established pattern of Bible study and prayer.
• A personal conviction and calling to preschool ministry.
• Ability to understand and relate to children and families.
• Passionate about seeing families grow together in their faith.
• Experience with recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteers.
• An understanding that every child should be known, loved and cared for like Jesus.
• Ability to use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
• Exceptional communication skills with the ability to speak confidently before large groups.
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
• Highly organized, giving attention to details.
• Ability to troubleshoot, multitask and dream big.
• Competency in computer/web-based technology with the capacity to learn new applications quickly.
• FBW church membership is expected.
• Ability to speak, read and write English.
• Sufficient good health to discharge duties properly.
• Ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time required.
• Passing criminal, financial and sexual misconduct background checks required.
Children’s Ministry Associate
40 Hours Per Week
The Children’s Ministry Associate is responsible for assisting the Children’s Minister in the development and execution of a comprehensive program of childhood education that will effectively facilitate the spiritual foundation and discipleship of children, ages 1st grade through 6th grade, contributing to FBW’s high-performance culture and mission to “Spread God’s Fame by making disciples of All People”. The Children’s Ministry Associate reports to the Children’s Minister.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Provide support in the execution of a dynamic, Biblical and Christ-centered educational ministry for children.
- Assist in the implementation of curriculum and strategies for large group lessons, weekend Growth Groups and mid-week activities.
- Provide leadership and direction for special events and activities such as Wednesday nights, camps, age-appropriate missional opportunities, social activities and summer programs.
- Provide primary leadership to administrative duties that are required to support the children’s ministry such as printing curriculum, attendance records, promotion materials, correspondence, scheduling resources, collecting/recording payments, event registration, design and printing calendar/newsletter and other admin duties as needed.
- Assist in recruiting, training and equipping leaders.
- Help maintain safe, clean and appealing learning environment for children.
- Organize, stock, reorder and gather supplies to support ministry events and volunteers.
- Steward church resources with care, such as furniture, fixtures, equipment, supplies and other resources used by children’s ministry.
- Occasional teaching during mid-week or weekend kids worship services.
- Weekly attendance to a worship service, staff meetings, age group ministry team meetings and any other meetings that require support from the children’s ministry team.
- Foster a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with staff, volunteers and church families.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Experience and Critical Skills:
- College degree required.
- Agreement with FBC Wylie’s Statement of Faith.
- A prayerful, tithing, participating member of FBC Wylie.
- Committed to biblical Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- A personal conviction and calling to children’s ministry.
- Ability to understand and relate to children and their families.
- Passionate about seeing families grow together in their faith.
- Ability to recruit, motivate, equip and schedule volunteers.
- Ability to use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Established pattern of study and prayer.
- Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher), and the capacity to learn new software.
- Ability to speak, read and write English required.
- Sufficient good health to discharge duties properly required.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time required.
- Passing criminal, financial and sexual misconduct background checks required.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.
The Custodian is responsible for general housekeeping services in and around the FBW Campus. This responsibility is to be conducted in a manner of the highest excellence as we are to be faithful stewards of all the resources God places in the care of His church. This position coordinates a wide variety of custodial and light maintenance duties in order to provide a clean, orderly, safe, and worship-ready facility. Ultimately, this is to Spread God’s Fame by making disciples of All People.
- Perform custodial maintenance of FBW campuses
- Maintain accurate inventory of custodial supplies
- Respond to custodial requests
- This position is a non-exempt (hourly) position.
- This position requires some evening and weekend hours.
Salary Structure: See attached.
Reporting Structure: The Custodial position works under the supervision of the Property Manager and Executive Pastor.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
- Perform routine and comprehensive custodial maintenance of assigned facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
- Event Center
- A/C Units
- Vacuums, shampoos, and cleans carpets and furniture.
- Performs cleaning, repairs and refinishing of floors as needed.
- Removes trash in accordance with established procedures.
- Cleans and disinfects restrooms, classrooms, and child care centers; orders and stocks facilities with paper and supplies.
- Reports and responds to emergency calls for custodial assistance.
- Responds to service requests, coordinates resources and implements set-up and take down of furniture and equipment for a wide variety of campus and community events.
- Performs various maintenance and custodial duties such as installation and repair to fixtures in restrooms, classrooms, and event halls.
- Identifies stains and uses proper cleaning chemicals as needed.
- Maintains accurate inventory and submits requests for supplies and equipment as needed.
- Operates power equipment, carpet extractors, pressure washer, hand or power tools, and campus vehicles with care and safety.
- Work with pesticides and safely disposes of hazardous materials if needed.
- Wash walls, floors and equipment; use ladders when required in work assignments.
- Secures building when FBW facilities are not in use. Reports any unauthorized occupants, turn off lights.
- May serve as a lead worker in the absence of the supervisor.
- Wash interior and exterior windows. Clean blinds. Miscellaneous laundering.
- Moves furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis.
- Provide support for maintenance staff as needed.
- Manage thermostat control according to schedules for FBW facilities.
- Support the continuous care of God’s resources at all FBW Campuses.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
The position of Custodian requires:
- A high school diploma or similar designation.
- A valid TX driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- A personal conviction of calling to the church ministry.
- Commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings.
- Personally modeling before the church what making disciples of all nations looks like in action.
- Establishing and maintaining a regular program of study and prayer in order to accomplish the duties set forth.
- Demonstrating a standard of personal behavior as required in I Timothy 3:1-7 and I Peter 5:1-4.
- The ability to organize, direct and supervise the work of others.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to speak, read and write English.
- Working in direct contact with staff, members and community.
- Physical demand of outside site environment as well as indoor environment.
- The ability to listen effectively and to communicate clearly, both orally and in written form.
- Lifting, carrying, pulling, and pushing object(s) weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Reaching overhead, horizontally and above the shoulders.
- Sufficient good health to discharge duties properly.
- The ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
- Passing criminal, financial and sexual misconduct background checks.