1) Visit https://onrealm.org/fbw/Give/ using your internet browser. Login required. Contact the accounting office to receive a REALM invitation.
“SPREADHISFAME” TO 73256. Standard text message rates apply.
Find “Connect – Our Church Community” in the App Store or Google Play. Login required. Contact the accounting office to receive a REALM invitation.
Scan our unique QR Code or click https://onrealm.org/fbw/Give/JYUYEXLSUE to give without logging in.
Give to What Matters
God’s plan for His people is to use their TIME, TALENT and TREASURE in a UNIQUE way to advance His kingdom.
Reasons for us to give:
1) Returning a portion of our wealth acknowledges that EVERYTHING belongs to Him.
"To the Lord your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it." Deuteronomy 10:14
"For every beast of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills." Psalm 50:10
2) Giving is a way to demonstrate OBEDIENCE to Him.
"Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the Lord your God that he has given you." Deuteronomy 16:17
3) As we are generous we PARTICIPATE in kingdom work that brings deep JOY.
"Don’t run from tests and hardships…As difficult as they are, you will ultimately find joy in them…Your faith will blossom under pressure and teach you true patience as you endure." James 1:2-3
4) Our offerings are an opportunity for God to reveal His character to us. YOU CAN’T OUTGIVE GOD. He faithfully provides for our needs and blesses us abundantly.
"…put me to the test [in bringing the full tithe]… see if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need." Malachi 3:10b
"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times you may abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8
"Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you." Luke 6:38
5) We are indebted to God. He gave us a gift through Jesus Christ that we can never repay. However, we should give sacrificially not out of obligation, but with a heart of content.
"Godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing into the world and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content." 1 Timothy 6:6-8
Characteristics of Generosity
1) Genuine generosity gives the FIRST and BEST to God.
"Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the first fruit." Proverbs 3:9-10
2) Genuine generosity is SYSTEMATIC and REGULAR. Being generous is not based on feelings. It is a lifestyle.
"On the first day of every week, each of of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with your income…" 1 Corinthians 16:2
3) Genuine generosity is PROPORTIONAL to our income.
"When you receive from the Israelites the tithe I give you as your inheritance, you must present a tenth of that tithe as the Lord’s offering." Numbers 18:26
"The Israelites generously gave the first fruits …They brought a great amount, a tithe of everything." 2 Chronicles 31:5
"Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house." Malachi 3:10a
4) Genuine generosity is SACRIFICIAL. We do not give simply out of our surplus but also out of our need.
"[the churches of Macedonia] in the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity…they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability." 2 Corinthians 8:2-3
5) Genuine generosity is THOUGHTFUL, VOLUNTARY and WORSHIPFUL.
"Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion for God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:7
FBW Transparency and Accountability
As you consider your own financial stewardship, the church must also demonstrate good financial stewardship. We are committed to transparency and accountability, and we want you to have great confidence in the church staff and the standing teams, who give leadership over the areas of finance.
The Finance team meets monthly to examine the financial records of the church. This team is comprised of accountants, educators, and other practitioners in finance. They closely examine expenditures and cash flow and provide guidance and expertise on financial decisions.
Our bank closely scrutinizes our financial condition. We regularly receive confirmation that our accounting and financial reporting is of the highest quality and superior to many of its other church clients.
We engage a national accounting firm to perform an independent examination of the internal controls of the church. They also compare our financial indicators to peer churches. Our indicators are as strong if not stronger than our peers in most every category.
When you give a gift to FBW your gift will be used to further the mission of the church, “spreading God’s fame by making disciples of all people”. To receive monthly financial reports please contact the accounting office.
Where do I begin?
Creative Ways to Increase Giving
Viewing all we have in light of the impact our God-given resources can have on God's kingdom changes our desires and fuels a spirit of generosity for things of eternal significance. Here are some creative suggestions to help you allocate or free up resources.
THINGS I CAN DECREASE:
Consider making some lifestyle changes or decreasing unnecessary weekly expenses. The sacrifice might be difficult; however, you will see your time, talent and treasure affect things of eternal significance.
- Cut back on coffee drinks.
- Decrease the number of times you dine out.
- Adjust television/entertainment packages.
- Divert funds from movies, vacations, hobbies.
- Minimize or eliminate dues and subscriptions.
Eliminate debt to make more funds available for giving.
THINGS I CAN DELAY:
Consider putting some planned purchases on hold or delaying projects that involve a financial commitment to increase your giving opportunity.
- Wait on that remodeling project.
- Put off buying a new car.
WAYS I CAN DO MORE:
Save money by getting a competitor bid on an existing service or do extra comparison or bargain shopping.
- Ask multiple insurance companies to give you a new quote.
- Utilize technology to comparison shop.
- Consider doing your own cleaning, gardening or repairs.
- Pay off a bill and redirect the payment amount to the church.
-Dedicate raises, bonuses or tax refunds to increase giving.
-Gifts can be quickly and safely given online, but did you know that credit card processing fees can be up to 3.5% per transaction? If you “give from a bank account” instead, transaction fees are significantly smaller and more of your gift can be used for the mission and ministries of the church.
THINGS I CAN DONATE:
Consider what you can give out of your regular income, contribute other assets or ask your employer about a corporate-sponsored grant program.
- Allocate a portion of your income. Biblical tithing is 10% of your income. Offerings are gifts you make over and above the 10% tithe.
- Gifts of stocks, real estate and estate planning strategies are tax effective ways to give a gift to the church. For example, allowing the church sell a donated piece of property eliminates potential capital gains taxes and may increase the after-tax proceeds.
-Corporate-sponsored grant programs allow employees to designate a corporation’s donation to a charity of their choice. Corporations receive tax incentives for such programs.
-Gifts in smaller amounts but more frequently, such as weekly or bi-weekly, can help you reach a larger goal by taking smaller steps.
CREATIVE STRATEGIES FOR GIVING
As Christians, we strive to be both good stewards of the resources God entrusts to us and to be generous. Financial and estate planning is a practical way to live out our faith and leave a legacy that impacts the lives of future and unknown generations. Benefits can include:
- Avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale of appreciated stock.
- Avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale of real estate.
- Reduce the income tax burden on your heirs
- Reduce estate taxes on your assets.
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction.
- Further the mission and ministries of FBW.
- Leave a lasting legacy.
Gifts of Cash
A gift of cash is a simple way to make a gift. Cash makes an immediate impact on vision and mission of FBW.
- Click “Give Online” at fbw.church to complete an online donation. Your gift will be processed quickly and safely. If you choose “Give from a bank account” the transaction fees will be smaller and more of your donation will go to FBW.
- By mail you can send us a check or money order. Include a letter or indicate in the memo line if the gift is to be designated for a special purpose.
- Offerings are collected during worship services. Enclose your gift in an envelope so that we can send you a record for the donation and apply your gift to the intended purpose.
Gifts of Stocks and Bonds
Donating appreciated securities, including stocks or bonds, is an easy and tax effective way to make a gift to FBW.
- Electronic transfer: please contact us for instructions on how you can transfer stock or bonds from your brokerage or investment account to the FBW investment account.
- By certified mail: if you hold securities in certificate form, you will need to mail two envelopes separately to complete your gift. In the first envelope, place the unsigned stock certificate(s). In the other envelope, include a signed stock Power of Attorney for each certificate. You may obtain this Power of Attorney from your broker or bank. For safety please be sure your envelopes are mailed certified.
A donor-advised fund is a charitable giving vehicle whereby the donor surrenders asset ownership (cash, securities or other financial instruments) for a charitable purpose, but retains control over how the earnings are distributed. The donor can designate a gift to FBW, but change the designation to another 501(C)(3) in the future. The donor receives a charitable tax deduction at the time the asset is contributed to the fund, and the distributions out of the donor-advised fund are non-taxable.
Gifts of Retirement Assets
Did you know most people do not use all of their retirement assets during their lifetime and 60-70% of your retirement assets may be taxed if you leave them to your heirs without an estate plan? Donating part or all of your unused retirement assets such as a gift from your IRA, 401(K), 403(b), pension or other tax-deferred plan is an excellent way to make a gift to FBW.
In addition, at age 70 ½ you can direct your IRA required minimum distribution to FBW and avoid income taxes on transfers to FBW of up to $100,000.
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Complete a beneficiary designation form provided by your retirement plan custodian.
Gifts of Real Estate
Donating appreciated real estate, such as a home, vacation property, undeveloped land, farmland, ranch or commercial property can also be received by FBW.
- Your real property may be given to FBW by executing or signing a deed transferring ownership. An attorney can help you deed part or all of your real property. The value of your gift is generally based upon the property’s fair market value, which must be established by an independent appraisal.
Gifts of Insurance
A gift of your life insurance policy is another way to make a gift to FBW. For example, you may have purchased a policy to provide for minor children that are now financially independent adults. FBW can keep the policy until maturity or cash in the policy for cash value.
- Contact your life insurance provider and request a beneficiary designation form.
- We may retain the policy to maturity or you may name us as a beneficiary to receive proceeds once the policy matures.
Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
You can transfer cash or appreciated property to fund a charitable remainder annuity trust. The trust sells your property tax free and provides you with fixed income for life or a term of years up to 20. FBW can benefit from what remains in the trust after all the trust payments are made.
Charitable Lead Trust
If you are looking for a way to transfer assets to your family while reducing gift or estate taxes, a charitable lead trust enables you to make a contribution of your property to fund a trust that pays FBW for a number of years. You receive a gift or estate tax deduction at the time of your gift. After a period of time, your family receives the trust assets plus any additional growth in value at a reduced or no cost.
With the help of an attorney, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to FBW as part of your estate plan.
- Percentage bequest: make a gift of a percentage of your estate
- Specific bequest: make a gift of a specific dollar amount or a specific asset
- Residual bequest: make a gift from the balance or residue of your estate
Any discussion of tax treatment is not intended and should not be considered as tax advice. Please consult your personal tax professional or financial planner for advice.
Changed Lives Change Lives
The Church launched a capital campaign called Changed Lives Change Lives in September 2016 to raise funds for the renovation and expansion of the main campus to better facilitate ministry, to accommodate growing ministries and meet the needs of our growing and dynamic community.
(1) building a new atrium space for gathering and facilitating the flow of people to and from the worship center.
(2) converting the existing gymnasium into a dedicated and secure children’s education space.
(3) improving existing adult and preschool education space.
Population research shows:
- WISD is ranked 13th out of the 82 school districts in DFW:
- 15,000 students are currently enrolled and 19,000 students are projected within the next 10 years.
- Mayor Hogue of Wylie recently stated our city will soon be completely built out with the residential lots currently under development.
- State demographers project that Collin County will double in size by the year 2030 from 900,000 to 1.8 million people.
- In the last year at our church:
- Worship attendance has been as high as 2,500 in one weekend.
- Growth group attendance increased 5%.
- Hundreds of new members, salvations, baptisms and other decisions have been added.
Our goal is to fully fund this project by the end of May 2020, and we invite you to participate. Your investment will make a difference in future generations and eternity.