Did you know that it currently takes about 500 volunteers per weekend to fill our current ministry needs? And we are still growing! What a great opportunity for you to be blessed through serving others.
Take a look at the list below, see what area might put your God-given talents to good use, fill out the interest form at the bottom of the page, and we'll get back to you quickly with the opportunities available!
Opportunities are available weekly on Saturday night at 6:00 p.m., and Sunday at 9:30 & 11:00 a.m.
Camp Noah Preschool Ministry
- Praise Pals - praise & worship leaders
- VIP Leaders – assist children with special needs
- Teachers – various age groups
- Greeters - assist with welcoming preschoolers and families as well as providing guest services
- NEW! Rotating Sub – 1 time per month (12 times per year)
TREK – 1ST THROUGH 4TH GRADE MINISTRY
AREA56 – 5TH AND 6TH GRADE MINISTRY
- This role requires a smiling face and the ability to use our check-in software.
- The primary responsibility for this position is to assist new families with check-in.
- Assist new families enroll kids in Realm
- Assist families with getting their kids to the proper area.
- Send postcards to kids absent.
- Help visitors fill out guest information card
- This is the perfect role for you if you like to smile and can give “high five” to kids entering the FBW Kids ministry area.
- Position outside/inside door by blue awning
- Guide new families to Welcome Desk
- The primary responsibility for this position is to provide our Kid Min leaders with beverage and snacks during their hour of service.
- Assist with preparing, delivering and/or clean-up of coffee at the end of worship services. Provide other hospitality as needed.
TREK WORSHIP – SKIT TEAM
- No Golden Globe nominees required! Just simply be someone that will SAY YES to the following:
- Being a member of 1 of our 4 teams, comprised of 4-5 people that lead in our TREK Worship environment.
- Committing to serve 1 weekend per month for both services, Saturday at 6:00 pm and Sunday at 9:30 am
- Assuming 1 of 3 of the below roles:
- Host – leads games and performs skit to introduce lesson
- Storyteller – teaches main lesson using skits and object lessons
- Activities – facilitates welcome, memory verse, prayer time, etc.
TREK WORSHIP – MEDIA TEAM
- Do you want to learn the art of running an audio/video booth? Then this is for YOU!
- Operating lights, sound board, computer (ProPresenter, PowerPoint, YouTube)
- Preparing room for kids’ arrival to TREK Worship with upbeat music and crazy lights.
- Working closely with worship teams regarding audio/video requirements for services
TREK WORSHIP – ENCOURAGER / GREETER
- Be the smiling face that enthusiastically greet kids as they enter the TREK Worship room!
- Encourage kids to participate in games, worship, etc.
- Monitor kid’s activity during their worship hour such as water and restroom breaks
- TREK GROUP TEACHER
- We DO NOT require a deep Bible scholar with all the answers.
- A passionate heart for sharing God’s Word with kids
- An openness to building relationships with our kids as they grow deeper in their faith
- A love for high fives and hugs from kids who are excited to see you weekly
- Approximately 1-2 hours prep time per week
- Arrival 15 minutes prior to the start of class
- A 1 year commitment to serve with the opportunity to be part of our kids’ faith journey
AREA 56 TEACHER
- Ensure every kid feels – Accepted, Belonged and Cared for as they enter the AREA56 room
- Utilize provided curriculum to teach weekly lesson to assigned class
- Build relationships that enables spiritual discipleship
- Join in the fun with our Preteens – special events, camp, etc.
Wednesday night ministry – assist with greeting and leading kid’s activities.
- Assist with greeting and assisting members and visitors from the parking lot to the front door, including valet parking.
- Welcome members and visitors as they arrive and assist new visitors with finding their way and a place to belong
- Help usher people to seats in the worship center
- Assist with offering collection during worship services
- Assist with education resource desk during weekend services
BLUE SHIRT TEAM
- Assist with the ministry services desk and other areas during weekend services. Answering questions. Providing ministry information. Assisting ministries with their reservation needs.
COFFEE HOSPITALITY TEAM
- Help make and distribute coffee on the weekends
Collide Student Ministry
Growth Group Leaders – co-lead 10-12 students in weekly Bible study
Greeters – assist with welcoming students and families
Guest Services - The primary responsibility for this position is to assist new families with check-in and assigning students to the proper Bible study.
Wednesday night ministry – assist with greeting and serving students
Converge College Ministry
Assist with Bible study and ministries to college students and recent high school graduates.
Campus Growth Group Leaders – lead adults in weekly Bible study
Home Growth Group Host Homes – host a group in your home or any other common meeting area and facilitate the Bible study group each week
- Women’s Ministry
- Men’s Ministry
- Senior Adult Ministry
- Stage Directors
- Stage Crews
- Other Creative Arts
Audio Visual and Technology
Assist with sound, lighting, camera operations, and other audio-visual needs during worship services
Provides a safety presence in parking lots, halls, common areas and outside grounds and executes safety response plans in the event of an emergency.
Responds to medical needs that may arise during weekend services and executes safety response plans in the event of an emergency.
- Encouragers – Encouragers serve during our church services as they minister through prayer to help connect people to Christ, in prayer, and to the church.
- Medical Clinic – Clinic for the Cities is a free medical clinic serving the community that runs every Thursday evening from 5:30 to 8:00 PM here in the EC. Volunteers are needed for medical and non-medical positions.
- Glen Knoll Mobile Home Neighborhood Ministry - Provides many different opportunities to serve: this summer there will be a time dedicated to outdoor activities and Bible clubs. In the fall of 2017, we will resume the after-school program meeting the academic and spiritual needs of the children; we meet on Thursday afternoons at 2:30 during school time.
- Southfork Mobile Home Neighborhood Ministry - After-school program. Children will be taught Biblical lessons, be assisted with homework, and be given a nutritious snack. We plan to meet on Thursdays in the afternoon.
- Redwood Mobile Home Neighborhood Ministry - Bible study for the residents at Redwood at the Lake. It meets every Wednesday at 7 PM in the clubhouse.
- Our Calling - Homeless ministry located in downtown Dallas; our church sends two teams a month to go help. One team helps with organizing supplies and the other team does Search and Rescue to help find and minister to homeless people.
- Fishes & Loaves – Summer lunch program for kids at Glen Knoll, Wylie Butane, WA Allen, and Redwood. They meet every Monday and Wednesday in the Event Center throughout the summer.
- Driving Ministry – We need drivers to bring people to church on Wednesday evening and for weekend services. As we reach more people for Jesus the need becomes greater in reaching people who don’t have the means to get to church easily.Inflatables Ministry – assist with set up and tear down during ministry events
- The Bridge Cafe - Meets every fourth Tuesday here in the Event Center to feed anyone who wants to come eat. They also provide emergency food boxes for those in need.
- Adopt-A-Block - Community outreach that provides a free meal, a clothing closet, and a food pantry. They meet every second Saturday of the month from 10-12 at Kirby Park in Wylie.
- Block Party Team - Serving in the community grilling food, setting up inflatables, showing love and hospitality to the community.
Assist with funeral meals, happy circle and other ministry events with food service
Library assistance during worship services and other library hours.
Divorce Care Ministry
DivorceCare is a special weekly support group for people who are separated or divorced. It’s a place where you can be around people who understand what you are feeling. It’s a place where you can hear valuable information about ways to heal from the hurt of divorce.
This is a seasonal ministry that meets periodically throughout the year.
Marriage Mentors Ministry
This is a biblically-based ministry designed to help you improve your marriage. In complete confidentiality, a trained mentor couple is paired with you and your spouse to guide and encourage you through scripture and to fully understand God's holy design and purpose in marriage.
We believe in the power of prayer. Our intercessory prayer ministries are an important part of the church’s overall purpose, to spread God’s fame by making disciples of all people.
Assist with office or church campus maintenance projects during weekdays.
Small maintenance, painting, small construction, landscaping, event set-up.
Cornerstone Prison Ministry
A ministry dedicated to reaching Texas prisons with the gospel of Jesus Christ.